Pizza verdura on crispy rye crust
Verdura means greens in Italian and us being a huge fan of greens and vegetables take our rolling pin in hand and create this vegan wheat-free homemade pizza dough and pizza toppings for you, Hope you enjoy!
Dough:1 ¼ cup Organic Rye Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup water or plant-based milk
2 tablespoons olive oil + ½ teaspoon to drizzle on top
200g Tomato paste (or cooked peeled plum tomatoes)
2 tablespoons Nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon Italian dried herbs (oregano, rosemary and thyme)
1/2 teaspoon Salt & black pepper (to taste)
1 piece Artichoke heart
1 teaspoon Baby capers
Black or Green Olives
Jalapeño (to taste)
Fresh basils & rocket (arugula)
Vegan Mozzarella or your choice of vegan cheeze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients then stir in the water (or your choice of plant-based drink)) and olive oil until you reach a consistent not sticky and not too dense dough - add more water if needed
- Let the dough rest covered for 15 minutes
- Cover a surface with a thin layer of flour and start rolling your dough until you get a 7 x 14 inch pizza dough, now you can divide your dough to two for personal size pizzas.
- Put the pizza dough on your baking pan, poke holes with fork and pop in the over for 10 minutes.
- Bring the dough out of the oven and cover with Tomato Sauce, and rest of Toppings
- Bake 8-15 more minutes, or until the vegan cheese is melted. The amount of baking time depends on how crispy you want your dough to be.
- Drizzle some olive oil and enjoy!