Vegan Ginger Tofu Dumplings
Chewy but crispy at the same time with aromatic filling, yum! Recipe from elina gives
Prep Time: 3 hrs 30 min
Serves: 15 dumplings
1 tbsp minced young ginger
1/2 cup minced yellow onions
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
2 tbsps Tamari soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 cup uncooked crumbled tofu
A cup of water to help glue the dumpling sheets
15 pcs of 7×7 circle dumpling sheets
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup water
VEGAN GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS
- In a cooking pan, stir fry the onions, garlic, ginger, and carrots until the onions are translucent and carrots are soft
- In a big bowl, mix the stir-fried ingredients with the tofu (or your faux meat), sugar, salt, soy sauce, white pepper, 5 spice powder, sesame oil. Then cover the bowl with a plate and leave in the fridge for min. 3 hours to cool down.
- Take the filling out. Grab one dumpling sheet, wet the edges, and fill each sheet with 1 tbsp filling paste. Wrap and close the dumpling. Repeat for all.
- In a big saucepan, mix the water and oil together.
- Heat the pan at medium heat and place the dumplings on the saucepan.
- Close the saucepan with a lid and let the dumplings steam while the bottom crisp after the water evaporates.
STORE & REHEAT
- Place the dumplings in a plastic container (align them side by side, DO NOT stack them on top of each other) and store them in the freezer.
- Once you are ready to eat, take them out of the freezer and use the same method as the way you would cook them. You don’t have to thaw the dumplings to put into the saucepan.
• Dip the dumplings in this amazing sauce mixed with:
- Sesame oil
- Grated ginger
- Light soy sauce
- Chopped red chillis
- Chopped spring onions
- A bit of vinegar
At Vegan Pantry, our personal and brand values are founded on animal compassion and cruelty-free practices. We have curated an inclusive space for vegan and vegan-curious folks to explore healthier, kinder, and more sustainable lifestyle options. Feel free to browse our pantry of vegan goodies, or learn more about vegan lifestyle by subscribing to our newsletter!