Tiramisu is a traditional Italian coffee-flavored dessert that is made of ladyfingers dipped in a coffee Kahlua mixture, that is then layered with a whipped mixture of Dairies and eggs. Here is a vegan tiramisu recipe you can enjoy with anyone who don't want to or is allergic to eggs and dairy.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Chilling time: 3 hours
Serves: 8 people
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
80ml coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
280g unbleached plain flour
20g cornflour or potato starch
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
180g unrefined cane sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
300g silken tofu
100g unrefined cane sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
200ml Orasi Rice whip cream
2 tbsp instant coffee
Kid friendly alcohol-free alternative:
3tbsp instant coffee
400ml boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C fan/350°F and line a 9”x13” rectangular tin with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the mylk, apple cider vinegar, oil and vanilla extract and leave to sit for a few minutes.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornflour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar into a bowl. Add the liquid mixture from earlier and stir until it forms a smooth batter.
4. Pour the cake batter into the lined tin and bake for 20 minutes or until springy to touch. As soon as the sponge comes out of the oven, sprinkle the surface with 1 tablespoon of sugar and leave to fully cool.
5. Once the sponge has cooled, cut it in half lengthways and then slice it widthways into 2cm fingers.
6. For the cream filling, place the silken tofu into a blender with the sugar and lemon juice and blend until smooth, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
7. Next whisk the whipping vegan cream until light and fluffy then fold in the silken tofu mixture and stir until fully combined.
8. Combine the instant coffee with 400ml of boiling water, leave to fully cool.
9. Pour the coffee soak into a shallow dish and dunk the sponge fingers one at a time in the coffee (take care not to dunk for more than 1-2 seconds or they will become too soggy and break apart). Arrange the sponge fingers into the bottom of a dish roughly 10”x7” and use broken up sponge pieces to fill in any gaps.
10. Spread half of the cream mixture over the top and dust generously with cocoa powder.
11. Now add a second layer of coffee-dunked sponge fingers over the top and spread the remainder of the cream mixture all over.
12. Cover the tiramisu and leave to chill in the fridge for 5 hours before serving.
13. To serve, generously dust the top with the remaining cocoa powder.
At Vegan Pantry, our personal and brand values are founded on animal compassion and cruelty-free practices. We have curated an inclusive space for vegan and vegan-curious folks to explore healthier, kinder, and more sustainable lifestyle options. Feel free to browse our pantry of vegan goodies, or learn more about vegan lifestyle by subscribing to our newsletter!