Curry Chickpea Vegan Quesadillas
[2 quesadillas, 8”]
4 pieces Tortilla (8”)
300g Avocado (Ripe)
1½ tbsp Lemon juice
¾ tsp Maple Syrup Organic, or to taste
¾ tsp Salt, or to taste
A pinch of black pepper
3 cups Chickpeas (Cooked)
2 tbsp Olive oil
½ medium Sweet onion (Diced)
2 cloves Garlic (Minced)
2 tsp Curry powder
1 tbsp Plain flour
2 tsp Brown sugar
2 tsp Salt
½ cup + 1 tbsp Aquafaba (Chickpea liquid)
1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
1. GUACAMOLE: Slice avocados in half, remove pits and skin and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
3. Mash avocado with a fork to desired consistency. Make it as chunky or smooth as you like. Set aside for later use.
4. CURRY CHICKPEAS: Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat and sweat diced onion for about 3 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in minced garlic and continue to cook for about a minute until very fragrant.
5. Add in cooked chickpeas, curry powder and plain flour. Mix well and sauté for a minute.
6. Add in brown sugar, salt and aquafaba, sauté for 3 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to low, mash half portion of chickpeas with a fork and stir them evenly.
8. Sprinkle nutritional yeast and mix well. Remove skillet from heat. Set aside for later use.